A complete platform to perform data-driven management of bicycle networks
Identify the departure and arrival zones
of cyclists in your city
Overall Bike Traffic
Map and quantify bicycle traffic
on your network with automatic counts
Visualize the average speed per direction
and per section of the road on your entire network
Eco-Visio Maps: An innovative GIS tool for bicycle planning
Eco-Visio Maps is a cloud-based data integration and mapping analysis platform. It is designed to bring a better understanding of bicycle use to active transportation managers. Flexible and modular, Eco-Visio Maps can import a wide range of datasets to quickly perform meaningful cartographic analysis.
With Eco-Visio Maps:
- Overlay GPS traces on infrastructure
- Visualise the flow of cyclists per segment of your network (e.g. volume analysis, "desire lines" identification)
- Visualise the average speed per direction and per section of the road on your entire network
- Extrapolate your GPS traces with count data
- Create origin-destination matrices
- Identify shortest, safest and preferred routes
- Filter your analysis by demographics and behavioral variables (e.g. cycling profile, trip purpose, gender).
Complete data on bicycle traffic all in one place
Eco-Visio Maps allows for the easy integration of a multitude bicycle traffic data, such as GPS traces from user reporting apps or bike share systems, accident data, and automatic count data.
- GPS traces from smartphone apps
Eco-Visio Maps can integrate GPS traces from most smartphone trip reporting applications. Do you need a GPS dataset to start with? We offer I Cycle Here for download on the App Store and Google Play Store. Use the I Cycle Here app, or have one custom-made for your community, to gather a crowdsourced GPS dataset!
- Bike-sharing system data
Bike-sharing systems can provide useful data on bicycle usage. Data can include trip origin and destination from stations or bicycle trip GPS traces for bicycles equipped with GPS trackers. Eco-Visio Maps integrates your data all in one place.
- Automatic count data
Automatic counters are the primary source of data to accurately measure cycling volumes and their evolution at key locations. Thanks to our expert team and Eco-Visio Maps, it is possible to extrapolate GPS traces with count data for an optimum understanding of cycling on your network.
- Accident data
Once you have extrapolated GPS traces with your automatic count data, calculate exposure rates by integrating accident data into the platform. Identify areas on your network that would benefit from a safety assessment.
Eco-Visio Tracking: A dedicated service for collecting crowdsourced cycling data
Want to start collecting bicycle trip information with the help from cyclists in your city? Eco-Visio Tracking is a dedicated service specifically designed to create, follow and run trip reporting campaigns. This service includes online software and the free-to-use GPS tracking smartphone application I Cycle Here. Some of the ways Eco-Visio Tracking can be used include:
- To launch a trip reporting campaign
- To visualize trips shared by cyclists
- To interact through the smartphone application (newsfeed and communication tool)
- To poll cyclists and better understand their profiles
I Cycle Here: A free GPS tracking application
With I Cycle Here, our free GPS tracking app, launch a collaborative process in your city and involve citizens in your cycling policy!
I Cycle Here functionalities (standard): GPS traces recording by cyclists, individual statistics, survey, optimised battery consumption, and wide compatibility with all kind of devices.
I Cycle Here functionalities (custom): GPS traces recording by cyclists, individual statistics, custom survey, optimized battery consumption, newsfeed, and communication tool connecting cyclists to the city.
Three additional add-ons are available to improve data collection and analysis:
- GIS analysis : A tailored report with insights on your cycling network (main artery performance, dangerous sections, key improvements recommendation)
- Automatic counting strategy: Strategy on the selection of locations for automatic counters installation, maintenance of counting sites, and an annual data quality review.
- Customised collection campaign: A customised version of the GPS tracking app I Cycle Here and specific tools to make your collection campaign more engaging.